Written by Tiffany
We were sent a Butterkist popcorn goodie bag to review. Not only to review but to create a recipe and create a Butterkist creation with the new discovered Butterkist flavours. The goodie bag consisted of Salted Caramel Popcorn, Chilli & Lime Popcorn an Hickory Pulled-Pork popcorn. This is the new range of popcorn that has been recently made.
I chose to create something with the Salted Caramel Popcorn, after going through many recipes what we could have created and quite a bit of mind changing and ‘oh I don’t knows’ I decided to make Galaxy Cookie Pop Cakes. This is Galaxy Popcorn Cakes.
To make galaxy popcorn cakes this is what we did.
- First we melted the chocolate in the microwave, we melted it for 30 seconds then we stirred it and put it back in for a further 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate was melted we poured in about a quarter of the salted caramel popcorn.
- Next we stirred it all in together making sure the popcorn was covered in chocolate.
- After we put the chocolate covered popcorn into cake cases and spooned it in.
- Finally we put it into the fridge to set.
I thought the salted caramel popcorn was delicious and the creations were a 5/5 too. I did find the other two flavours however a bit odd and they are not flavours I would usually try. I did eat a few of the Chilli ones but I did not like them too much and the Pulled Pork ones tasted like smoky bacon crisps which again I am really not too keen on.
I love trying new foods and I am always getting told I do not try enough new foods as I am comfortable with what I know but I must admit I quite like the thrill of what new foods taste like. I would definitely make these again as they were yummy.
Disclaimer: We received Butterkist Discoveries Popcorn in exchange for this post. All thoughts and opinions are our own and not influenced in any way.